Charles Bishop, Paralegal
Charles Bishop has been a paralegal at Wesley Gryk Solicitors since August 2017, working directly for senior partner Wesley Gryk. He assists with a wide variety of immigration matters, particularly with respect to applications for Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visas.
Recent work and notable cases
- Assisted with making 27 visit visa applications for rural villagers in a west African country to attend transnational human rights litigation in the UK.
- Assisted with a successful appeal against the refusal of political asylum for an Iranian convert to Christianity.
- Assisted with two successful spouse partnerships applications for further leave to remain where existing leave had been granted based upon a partnership visa with a previous marriage or civil partnership that had since ended.
Memberships and volunteering
- Member of Immigration Law Practitioners Association (ILPA).
- Volunteer, Stonewall Housing (2016 – 2017).
- Volunteer, Anti Trafficking and Labour Exploitation Unit (2016 – 2017).
Education and experience
- Research Assistant, University of Oxford (2016 – Present).
- LLM (Distinction) – London School of Economics (2016-17).
- Awarded the Blackstone Chambers Prize for the best performance in the public international law specialism.
- BA Law with Law Studies in Europe – Wadham College, University of Oxford (2012-16).
- Legal Intern, Académie Diplomatie Internationale.
- Certificat supérieur de droit français et européen – Université Panthéon-Assas (Paris II) (2014-15).