Make an enquiry
The best way to make an enquiry is by e-mail on email@example.com.
Our staff are trained to ensure they can obtain the relevant details from potential new clients but it will help us if, when you get in touch, you can let us know:
- your name, nationality and contact details
- if you have a partner or family and their nationality and status
- if you are in the UK: your current status, when it ends and how long you’ve been here.
- any problems with your immigration history
- if you want to appeal: the details of your refusal and any deadlines you’ve been given by the Home Office or courts.
- Any other information you believe is relevant
You can also contact us by phone on 020 7401 6887
Your enquiry will be passed to one of our teams who will get back to you within twenty four hours. Unfortunately, we receive more requests for assistance than we can possibly take on, but we will always ensure that we refer you on to other reputable law firms if we do not have capacity.
We will offer a set fee for the initial consultation which includes a detailed letter of written advice. We can usually offer an agreed fee to undertake an application or appeal, to be agreed following the initial consultation.