Ban Hussein, Paralegal
Ban is a paralegal at Wesley Gryk Solicitors. She joined the firm in January 2019 and works with Nath Gbikpi, a solicitor at the firm. Ban assists Nath with her caseload, which covers a wide range of immigration and nationality law. Prior to working at Wesley Gryk Solicitors, Ban was a project officer at Coram Children’s Legal Centre, working with migrant children, young people and families.
- Prepared several successful applications for indefinite leave to remain for refugees and refugee travel documents
- Prepared several successful applications for British nationality and British passports.
- Secured settled status for European nationals and their family members
- Assisted with several asylum claims
- Assisted with successful applications to enter and remain in the UK on the basis of family and private life
Memberships and volunteering
- Member of Immigration Law Practitioners Association (ILPA)
Education and experience
- Currently studying the Graduate Diploma in Law (part-time)
- Master of Science in Middle East Politics, School of Oriental and African Studies
- Bachelor of Social Science in Politics and International Relations, University of Manchester
- Previously worked as an advocate for asylum-seeking women in refugee camps needing to access maternity services
- Volunteered at a clinic which provided support to migrants accessing NHS services, and a refugee support centre