Caroline Asken, Trainee Solicitor
Caroline is a Trainee Solicitor at Wesley Gryk Solicitors. She joined the firm in March 2022 and works with Alison Hunter, a partner at the firm and Ciera McCartney, a solicitor at the firm. Caroline assists Alison and Ciera with their caseloads which covers a wide range of immigration and nationality law matters.
Recent work and notable cases
- Helped Ukrainian nationals apply to the Ukraine sponsorship and family schemes.
- Prepared successful applications to enter and remain in the UK on the basis of family and private life.
- Prepared applications for British nationality and British passports.
- Assisting people to apply under the EU Settlement Scheme to secure their immigration status in the United Kingdom.
- Assisted people to make successful applications under the Global Talent route.
Membership and Volunteering
- Member of Immigration Law Practitioners Association (ILPA)
Education and Experience
- Legal Intern with the Legal Protection Team at the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- Caseworker at The AIRE Centre
- Volunteer Advisor at Citizens Advice
- LLM Public International Law and Human Rights, Utrecht University (2018-2019)
- LLB Law with a year abroad, University of Sheffield and Utrecht University (2014-2018)
- Student Advisor at The University of Sheffield’s FreeLaw pro bono legal advice clinic
- Committee member for Student Action for Refugees (STAR)