Ciera McCartney, Trainee Solicitor
Ciera is a trainee solicitor at Wesley Gryk Solicitors. She joined the firm in June 2019 and works with Alison Hunter, a partner at the firm. Ciera assists Alison with her caseload which covers a wide range of immigration and nationality law matters.
Recent work and notable cases
- Assisted with securing the registration of a stateless child adopted by British parents living abroad.
- Prepared successful applications to enter and remain in the UK on the basis of family and private life.
- Prepared a number of successful applications for British nationality and British passports.
- Helped European nationals and their family members successfully apply for settled and pre-settled status.
- Assisted with several asylum applications and represented applicants at their interviews.
- Assisted clients to make successful applications under the Global Talent route.
Membership and volunteering
- Member of Immigration Law Practitioners Association (ILPA)
- Volunteer advisor at the Waterloo Legal Advice Centre
Education and experience
- Currently completing the Legal Practice Course at London Metropolitan University
- LLB Law Senior Status, Queen Mary, University of London (2017-2019)
- Student Adviser in immigration law at the Queen Mary Legal Advice Centre
- MA International Relations, the University of Edinburgh (2013-2017)