Dmitri Macmillen, Trainee Solicitor
Dmitri is a trainee solicitor at Wesley Gryk Solicitors. He joined the firm in February 2019 and assists senior partner Wesley Gryk with a wide-ranging caseload. Prior to joining the firm, Dmitri worked for several years in a large professional services company, initially as a research analyst within the forensic department before later working as a legal assistant in the immigration team.
- Assisted individuals, from a wide range of circumstances, applying for leave to enter or remain in the country with their family members.
- Advised businesses and employees on a number of matters relating to Tier 2 (General) sponsorship.
- Prepared and submitted applications of individuals seeking to naturalise as British citizens.
- Assisted with successful applications to Arts Council England for endorsement of Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) migrants.
- Helped prepare successful visitor visa applications for family members and an academic visitor, as well as Tier 5 applications for human rights defenders.
Memberships and volunteering
- Member of the Immigration Law Practitioners’ Association (ILPA)
Education and experience
- Legal Practice Course, London Metropolitan University
- LLB Law Senior Status, Queen Mary, University of London
- MA Modern History and Russian, University of St Andrews
- Legal Assistant, KPMG, 2018-2019
- Research Assistant, KPMG, 2015-2018
- Undertook internships at the European Human Rights Advocacy Centre and Council of Europe
- Spanish, Russian, Ukrainian (fluent); French (advanced); Portuguese (intermediate)