Dmitri Macmillen, Solicitor
Dmitri is a solicitor at Wesley Gryk Solicitors and re-joined the firm in September 2023. Dmitri first joined the firm as a paralegal in 2019, qualifying with us as a solicitor in 2021. In 2022 he left the firm to work in the charity sector, assisting Ukrainians and other nationals affected by the full-scale invasion of Ukraine to secure their immigration status in the UK.
Dmitri assists with a wide range of immigration, nationality and asylum law matters and, in particular, regularly assists clients to submit applications made on the basis of their family or private life. Dmitri has prepared applications in a variety of categories under the Immigration Rules, as well as outside the Rules on human rights grounds.
Dmitri speaks Spanish, Russian, Ukrainian and French, and is conversational in Portuguese and Belarusian.
- Assisted individuals, from a range of circumstances, applying for leave to enter or remain in the UK on the basis of their family or private life.
- Assisted with applications under the EU Settlement Scheme and Ukraine Schemes.
- Assisted with asylum claims and appeals against refusals of them.
- Assisted with applications of individuals seeking to register and naturalise as British citizens.
- Advised businesses and employees on a number of matters relating to work sponsorship matters.
- Assisted with successful applications to Arts Council England for endorsement of Global Talent migrants.
- Assisted with successful visitor visa applications for family members and an academic visitor, as well as Temporary Worker visa applications for human rights defenders.
Memberships and volunteering
- Member of the Immigration Law Practitioners’ Association (ILPA)
Education and experience
- Legal Practice Course, London Metropolitan University
- LLB Law Senior Status, Queen Mary, University of London
- MA Modern History and Russian, University of St Andrews