Dmitri Macmillen, Solicitor
Dmitri is a solicitor at Wesley Gryk Solicitors and joined the firm in February 2019. He assists with a wide range of immigration, nationality and asylum law matters and, in particular, regularly assists clients to submit applications as partners under Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules and applications for British citizenship. Dmitri has prepared applications in a variety of categories under the Immigration Rules and outside the Rules on human rights grounds.
- Assisted individuals, from a range of circumstances, applying for leave to enter or remain in the country on the basis of their family or private life.
- Advised businesses and employees on a number of matters relating to work sponsorship matters.
- Prepared and submitted applications of individuals seeking to register and naturalise as British citizens.
- Assisted with successful applications to Arts Council England for endorsement of Global Talent migrants.
- Helped prepare successful visitor visa applications for family members and an academic visitor, as well as Temporary Worker visa applications for human rights defenders.
- Assisted with asylum claims and appeals against refusals of them
Memberships and volunteering
- Member of the Immigration Law Practitioners’ Association (ILPA)
Education and experience
- Legal Practice Course, London Metropolitan University
- LLB Law Senior Status, Queen Mary, University of London
- MA Modern History and Russian, University of St Andrews
- Immigration Assistant, KPMG, 2018-2019
- Research Assistant, KPMG, 2015-2018
- Previously undertook internships at the European Human Rights Advocacy Centre and Council of Europe
- Spanish, Russian (fluent), Ukrainian, French (advanced), Portuguese (intermediate)