Isabella Mosselmans, Trainee Solicitor
Isabella joined Wesley Gryk Solicitors in May 2017. She is a trainee solicitor who runs her own caseload which covers a wide range of immigration, nationality and asylum law.
Recent work and notable cases
- Prepared successful applications to secure the status of family members of British nationals in the UK – including spouses, civil partners, unmarried partners, parents and children.
- Prepared successful applications for British citizenship for both adults and children.
- Prepared successful asylum applications and represented applicants at their interviews.
- Advised on the impact of Brexit for European nationals and their family members and secured permanent residence documents for individuals and families.
- Assisted in obtaining British citizenship for children born overseas through international surrogacy arrangements.
- Assisted with and run successful human rights appeals.
Memberships and volunteering
- Joint-CEO and Co-Founder of Here for Good, a charity that exists to provide free immigration advice to vulnerable European nationals and their family members, throughout the process of the UK leaving the European Union and beyond.
- Sits on the Trustee Board of the international development agency, Restless Development.
- Helps run a UK-Sierra Leone based project called Access to Education Sierra Leone.
- Member of the Immigration Law Practitioners Association (ILPA).
Education and experience
- Completed the Legal Practice Course at BPP Law School with Distinction, 2017-2019 (part-time).
- Completed the Graduate Diploma of Law at BPP Law School with Distinction, 2015-2016.
- Completed a BSc in Government at the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE), 2012-2015.
- Previously worked as a Research Fellow at a human rights policy think-tank in Geneva.
- Previously worked at South West London Law Centres, where she helped run their free legal advice clinics.
- Nominated one of LSE’s top 20 inspirational women in 2015 for her role as President of the Amnesty International Society, campaigning, fundraising, and external NGO work.
- Undertook internships with the International Bar Association’s Human Rights Institute (IBAHRI), and the International Campaign to Ban Landmines and Cluster Munitions (ICBL-CMC).
- Volunteered for Islington Law Centre’s Immigration Team.