Jonathan Kohler, Trainee Solicitor
Jonathan is a trainee solicitor at Wesley Gryk Solicitors. He joined the firm in August 2017 and works with Alison Hunter, a partner at the firm. Jonathan assists Alison with her caseload which covers a wide range of immigration and nationality law matters.
Recent work and notable cases
- Assisted with successful applications to enter and remain in the UK on the basis of family and private life, including advising clients about the complex rules surrounding financial evidence.
- Helped European nationals and their family members successfully apply for residence documentation.
- Prepared a number of successful applications for British nationality and British passports.
- Assisted with several asylum applications and represented applicants at their interviews.
- Assisted a client to apply for the no recourse to public funds condition on their leave to remain to be lifted.
Memberships and volunteering
- Member of Immigration Law Practitioners Association.
Education and experience
- Currently studying Legal Practice Course (part-time).
- Completed LLB at the University of Bristol and LLM (Human Rights Law) at LSE.
- Undertook internships with the Council of Europe and OSCE Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights.
- Previously volunteered with a number of organisations alongside legal studies, including Liberty, University of Bristol Human Rights Implementation Centre, and WECIL.