Jonathan Kohler, Trainee Solicitor
Jonathan is a trainee solicitor at Wesley Gryk Solicitors. He joined the firm in August 2017 and works with Diana Baxter, a partner at the firm. Jonathan assists Diana with her caseload which covers a wide range of immigration, nationality and asylum law matters
Recent work and notable cases
- Prepared successful applications to enter and remain in the UK on the basis of family and private life, including advising clients about the complex rules surrounding financial evidence.
- Helped European nationals and their family members apply for residence documentation and submit applications under the EU Settlement Scheme.
- Prepared a number of successful applications for British nationality and British passports.
- Assisted with several asylum applications and represented applicants at their interviews.
- Assisted clients to make successful applications under the Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) route.
Memberships and volunteering
- Member of Immigration Law Practitioners Association.
- Volunteers with the Queen Mary Legal Advice Centre and Here for Good.
Education and experience
- Completed LLB at the University of Bristol and LLM (Human Rights Law) at LSE.
- Undertook internships with the Council of Europe and OSCE Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights.
- Previously volunteered with a number of organisations alongside legal studies, including Liberty, University of Bristol Human Rights Implementation Centre, and WECIL.