Rachael Ockenden, Solicitor
Rachael is a solicitor at Wesley Gryk Solicitors LLP who joined the firm in 2020. Rachael’s practice covers a wide range of immigration, asylum and nationality matters.
Rachael assists clients of all backgrounds in applications under the Immigration Rules, and outside of the Immigration Rules. Rachael has particular expertise in making applications under the Skilled Worker route and advises employers in relation to their sponsor duties and maintaining compliance.
Rachael joined Wesley Gryk Solicitors LLP from another industry leading firm and has over eight years’ experience in UK immigration and nationality law.
Recent work and notable cases
- Assisted several start-up companies with successful sponsor licence applications
- Successfully applied for naturalisation for clients with periods of overstaying in the past
- Overturning a refusal of a leave to remain application under Appendix FM for the parent of a British child
- Obtaining leave to remain for a Global Talent migrant following a period of overstay
- Successfully applied for visit visas for a family from Syria
- Assisted with Skilled Worker applications following previous breach of conditions
- Advising European nationals and their families and assisting with applications under European law and the EU Settlement Scheme.
- Successfully obtained visas for spouses and fiancées of British citizens
Memberships and volunteering
- Member of the Immigration Law Practitioners’ Association (ILPA)
- Mentor, The Girl’s Network
- Mentor, BPP University, Access to Practice Scheme
Education and experience
- Legal Practice Course, BPP University
- LLB Law, Trevelyan College, Durham University
- Trained and qualified as a solicitor at Laura Devine Immigration, 2014-2020